Good people, environment is really important to support human life. We cannot deny, without environment human race will cease to exist. Moreover, the awareness and also effort to sustain the environment are still lacking. As an effort, to encourage research and also effort to sustain environmental stability the environmental sustainability grants are awarded. Frankly, the research effort on environmental sustainability often has difficulty to gather investor and funding. This is so because it is deemed to be high-cost low income project in the short term. That is why to ensure the effort are not getting discouraged. Then, the trustees of private foundation and also the policymakers in government aware of these issues are looking to help support the research effort. This works by providing the fund through the environmental sustainability grants.
If we see, there are many issues to address regarding environmental sustainability. Usually, every grants provider addresses a particular issue. That is why, in order to get the grant to fund our research, first we shall know which institution, foundation or organization which provide grant for our field of research. Now, here we will provide some information about some foundations which offer environmental sustainability grants. there are such as:
- State Grant programs: nowadays, in the public sector, the main concerned party on the environmental issue is not only the federal government but the state government as well. Well, they offer wide range of grant programs to help the local communities achieve sustainability. Here, the state grants programs are mostly intended to address issue of weatherize facilities and also energy efficiency by awarding it to homeowners, business, and even non-profit organization with the effort on those issues. Generally, the grants programs are awarded through community or utilities organization. For examples of the state grant programs are such as:
- New York’s Assisted Home Performance Grants program: mostly, the grants targeted to families with low income looking to weatherize and also improve their home in order to reduce energy usage.
- Illinois’s Energy Efficient Affordable Housing Construction Program: here, these particular grants are awarded to non-profit social service organizations looking to provide the communities with energy efficient houses.
- Rural Energy Assistance Program or REAP: by signing the Farm Bill in 2002 the Rural Energy Assistance Program was authorized to help farmers and also ranchers with projects related to bio fuel and energy efficiency. nicely, the REAP program offers several method of financing for examples guaranteed loans and also sustainability grants awarded to small agricultural business in need for financial support on a competitive basis. The amount of award provided for energy efficiency project ranging from $1,500 to $250,000. Meanwhile, for renewable energy project is ranging from minimum of $2,500 up to $500,000.
- MacArthur Foundation Grants: this nice one offers grants for sustainability effort including biodiversity protection, effect of climate change as well as deforestation monitoring.
- The NSF Grants: The goal of this grant is to support engineering research with the objective to promote sustainable engineered environment system. Of course, we can get the detailed information about this grants program. We can easily visit http://www.nsf.gov or contact the office by the name of Bruce Hamilton with the e-mail: [email protected] and phone: (703) 292-7066 565 S.