What is Nologin SSH?
Nologin SSH is used when you want to use Linux and Open SSH. You can use it to automate the task. Therefore, an automatic login is required so that you do need to provide any password. However, this method depends on SSH version you have.
How to Do SSH Login Without Password.
- Login to Linux SSH.
- Generate the authentication keys.
- Use SSH to create directory.
- Apend new public key.
- Login to another user without password.
Why Does SSH Security Fail?
- The software update overwrites the configuration file.
- Error in configuration file.
- Forget to update security configuration.
- A bug found in OpenSSH.
Setting /sbin/nologin as the user’s shell (or /bin/false or /bin/true, which are almost equivalent) forbids the user from logging in to run any command whatsoever.SSH always invokes the user’s login shell to run commands, so you need to set the login shell to one that is able to run some commands.